|9.00am||Welcome Address by Ms Quah Ley Hoon, Chief Executive, Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore|
SMW Conversation: Green Finance Trends and Unlocking Capital Flows for the Maritime Industry
- Global ship finance landscape – state of play
- Shipping’s attractiveness and risk profile as compared to other industries
- Green ship finance market review – recent deals, products emerging, and risk appetite
- Poseidon principles – what next?
Moderator: Audra Low, Chief Executive Officer, Clifford Capital Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Tan Beng Tee, Senior Advisor, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, Executive Director, Singapore Maritime Foundation (Singapore)
- Stephen Majeski, Managing Director, Hayfin (USA)
- Julian Proctor, Chief Executive Officer, Purus Marine (UK)
- Chu Kheng Sin, Regional Head, Shipping Finance ASEAN and South Asia, Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore)
|10.10am||Morning Tea Break|
SMW Conversation: The Changing Nature of Maritime Risks
- How is risk profile changing with digitalisation and decarbonisation
- Ransomware and cyber security risks – How to price it?
- Supply chain risks and claims – what will it look like? Will larger cargo accumulations continue?
- How are underwriters responding to these changing needs?
- Environment regulation and impact on machinery
- Outlook for claims and premiums
- Singapore War Risk Mutual
Moderator: John Sze, Deputy Managing Partner, Joseph Tan Jude Benny LLP, Member, Legal and Insurance Committee, Singapore Shipping Association (SSA) (Singapore)
- Nick Shaw, CEO, IG P&I (UK)
- Paul Hackett, Joint Head of Marine, Canopius (Singapore)
- Jonathan Holmes, Head of Hull Asia, AXA XL, a division of AXA (Singapore)
- Richard Turner, President, International Union of Marine Insurance (UK)
SMW Conversation: Maritime Dispute Resolution in Asia
- A look at the global maritime dispute resolution landscape, including recent trends and developments in maritime arbitration
- What are challenges to Asia’s maritime arbitration and what are practitioners’ views and solutions?
- Role of mediation
- Choice of jurisdictions and the Singapore advantage
Moderator: Ms Caroline Yang, President, Singapore Shipping Association and Chief Executive, Hong Lam Marine Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Nicholas Fell, Executive Vice President, Corporate Services and General Counsel, BW Group and Chairperson – Documentary Committee, BIMCO (Singapore)
- Su Yin Anand, Head of Shipping, South32 (Singapore)
- Leong Kah Wah, President, Maritime Law Association of Singapore and Head, Dispute Resolution & Partner, Shipping and International Trade, Rajah & Tann LLP (Singapore)
- Corina Song, Vice-Chair, Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration (SCMA), Co-Chair of the International Bar Association (IBA) Maritime and Transport Law Committee and Partner, Allen & Gledhill (Singapore)
- Chris Metcalf, Partner, HFW (Singapore)